Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sweet Weekend!

Thursday
I went to a lifeguard social event organized by our area. It was supposed to be extreme capture the flag at Oakfield. 6 girls showed up. We decided to skip the physical activity business and go cliff jumping instead at Laurie Park. I counted the nite as 30 physical points. That's the equivalent of going for 4 runs :)...

Friday
I woke up early for a mother/daughter day trip to Chester and Hubbards. We looked at cute shops and walked on the beach in the clouds. Then it was time for dinner at mom's favourite tavern. Yes. She likes the tavern. Such a pub crawler. My mother. It was nice to spend time together.

Saturday
Saturday was wedding day! A girl from the pool got married. I went with a guy from the pool. My "boyfriend". See old entry. I had a very cute time. Weddings always make me think about what I want for my own wedding. I prefer pianos to organs. I'm also going to try to get away with not having any elevated language in my wedding ceremony. Like no "thee"s and stuff like that. That nite, Josh and I went to the Tree63 concert. Free tickets care of Jean Brunet. It was really good. It has left me with some things to think about and work through. That doesn't usually happen at a concert. It was also so timely for Josh- just what he needed to hear.

Sunday
The day that I'd been waiting for...Cirque du Soleil!!! Saltimbanco. Beautiful. Captivating. Gripping. Enchanting. Entertaining. I loved it. Soooo much.


Now it's back to work for me after these few days off. I only have one day off between now and the end of the summer.

No comments: