At work on Sunday, I sliced my pinky toe on the bottom of metal ladder. I didn't have my glasses on so I didn't see the ladder lying on the storage room floor. I felt kind of like a cartoon character who walks into things because she isn't wearing her glasses. It didn't really hurt much, but blood was gushing everywhere. It was a deep cut. Real solid. After I realized I was bleeding, I walked out of the storage room, hobbled over to the lifeguard, looked at her, and then looked down at my foot. I got fixed up pretty quick after that. Upon reflection, I realized that as far as injuries go, I experienced the best kind.
The Ideal Injury
1. One which doesn't hurt very much.
2. One that looks waaaay worse then it is. The more blood the better.
3. One that reminds everyone of the fact that you are injured. Such as one on your foot that causes a limp.
4. One that happens when a lot of people are around, so you will get attention and concern from as many people as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment