Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ode to Josh

Josh is my little brother.

He and I are 5 years apart.

I really like him.

We think very similarly on a lot of things. Sometimes his music yells a little too much for my liking, but overall...he has good taste in most things. He is always around to listen to me and chat when I need him. Some of the biggest decisions I've ever made in my life, he's helped me with. He supported me through my first real break up, moving outta my mom's house, and he always gives me pretty solid relationship advice about all things Mark ;). He's also a really good dad.

I love my brother.



Here are some blog memories of Josh:

Jessie bangs on Joshes door.
Jessie: "Josh!! Wake up! You should be up by now!
Jessie opens Joshes door.
Josh: "I'm up."
Jessie stops. Joshes music is playing.
Taylor Swift: "I was ridin' shot gun with my hair undone..."
Jessie bursts out laughing.
Josh: "IT'S ON SHUFFLE!!"
Jessie closes the door.

Josh was in charge of the nativity scene this year. Each wiseman thinks that a different farm animal is the baby Jesus and Joseph stands in the corner with his back to everyone because he has just realized that he isn't the father. I should probably fix this soon. There's a fuzzy line between funny and disrespectful and Josh flirts with it every year when he sets up the nativity scene.

Josh: "Jessie, you having money is the best thing that has ever happened to me!"

Josh, on So You Think You Can Dance:
Josh: I want the football player to win! He moves like a swan!!

Josh- "Oh, it's not a good song. There are swear words in it, like hell and shit."
Jessie (jokingly)- "Aw, they aren't thaaat bad..."
Josh- "Jessie!! Don't lower your standards! Don't let your London bridge DOWN!!"

After supper, Josh and I played outside. The best game we made up was rock baseball. One person stands on the dock holding a stick, and the other person throws rock lightly to them, and then the stick holder tries to hit the rock in the water. I won cause I hit a rock the farthest-into our neighbours lawn where it bounced off their swinging chair. We stopped the game shortly after that ;). Josh put his bare feet in the lake today, I wasn't as adventurous. One of my favourite things to do outside in the summer is play cards on the deck while the sun is setting. It was still too cold to break out the cards. We finished off our brother/sister bonding evening with watching Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. I thought it was ok, but he really liked it. I think it made him feel smart when he finally understood the plot. However, I was proud of myself when I started to understand it too :).

No comments: