This is
Ruby, the bearded dragon. She's our new pet/child. We use "he" and "she" interchangably right now because we don't know if she's male or female yet. Mark and I have started to baby-talk her...sometimes if I am in another room, I can't tell if Mark is talking to Ruby or me. Ruby is really sweet and likes to be picked up and cuddled. She's about 7 inches long right now...and will grow to oh, 2 feet long. She has some interesting behaviours: she likes to swim in the bath (a cooking bowl filled with warm water)...until she starts to relax and then her belly inflates and she floats with her arms and legs spread out...and falls asleep. He also really likes looking at his reflection in the windows of his tank...to the point that he gets distracted by himself and forgets to eat the crickets we have just put in his tank. They call them bearded dragons because when they grow up, they flair their chin skin and it blackens when they are angry.
I never thought I'd be a reptile person...and I'm not, I just love my lizard.
3 comments:
I think he has my nose!
also, my legs
Def your legs!!
Post a Comment