Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Studies


This semester, I am working as a note-taker, tutor and personal care worker for a remarkable man named Thomas. He (and I) are taking 2 courses together this fall through Acadia Divinity.

Survey of the Bible and Christian Spiritual Formation.

The survey class will be pretty low key and broad.

The spiritual formation class scares me a little, to be honest.

The prof wants to dig deep in to our lives and help us spiritually develop. We briefly touched on things like unity, anger, forgiveness, and personal conduct last night. It's based on the idea that each individual connects with God in different ways...and it explores lots of ways to do that. Interesting. However, reading something like this in the syllabus makes me uneasy...in a good way.

"The desired outcome is evidence of the student's life being transformed, seen in changed perspectives and living in keeping with God's revealed purposes as image bearers."

Yikes!

Notable quotes:
Jessie- "So what did you think about that? I think the class will be really good."
Thomas (smirking)- "I think I just had a 3 hour panic attack."
Jessie rolls her eyes and tells him to wheel faster to the car.

No comments: