Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sometimes I Run...

April 2, the day for my beach screening (500m swim, 3k run) is quickly approaching. It's March 12, aka. "day one of my self-inflicted get-in-shape regime". I'm planning on running everyday between now and then. Also, I've gotta swim as much as possible. I'm sure it'll be fine, just like every other year, but somehow I feel like this 3 week crunch to get in shape is almost like starting a paper a night or two before its due. In both cases, I sort of enjoy the pressure ;).

Run Report
Day: 1
Distance: about 6 songs on the radio
Walking breaks: 2
Weather: lovely and sunny-it felt like summer after I started to sweat
Overall experience:
Brutal...I am in bad shape (however, I did eat those truffles right before I left the house)

Still waiting for the "runner's high"...

1 comment:

Jess said...

I need to boost t-shirt and mug-warmer sales before we can even think about manufacturing action figures ;).