Friday, March 03, 2006

My Room

I think that the idea of having a room that is all your own is a really great one. I like my room because it has all my stuff the way I want it, and it even smells like me (well more like the lotion that I use, really). However, there is one problem with my room. I need better curtains. Don't get me wrong, they do their curtainly job of shielding my window quite well. That is really important in both the summer and the winter (when people boat and walk across the lake-plus there is this train, and though I can't see the conductor, he might be able to see me...). The problem is that they are white and let too much light in. The sun always wakes me up waaay to early, especially if it is a day that I have time to sleep in. Like today, I could sleep all I wanted and I woke up with a tired headache. Isn't that weird how light affects your sleep even if you aren't awake to see it? Anyways, I have been thinking of what I can use as another curtain option. There is of course, buying dark coloured curtains. Or I could get myself one of those pull down shade things, the ones that are like the maps that pull down in high school. Or I could do something special like rig up a machine that will snap up a piece of sheet metal that is painted to look like my backyard whenever it is time to sleep-then NO light would get in, ever. Yes, lets go with that one. Where did I put that buzz saw?

No comments: