Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Red Carpet

This years Academy Awards were wonderful for two reasons.
A bunch of the girls (me, Morgan, Megha, Amarea, Rebekah) and I dressed up and made it an event. "Dressed up" means getting all dolled up in our grad dresses. I think that every time a girl gets dressed up nice, she subconsciously wants pictures taken of her so everyone can remember how good she looked. So due to that fact and since it was Oscar nite, we had a big photo shoot that turned into most of us getting our groove on to Muchmusic Dancemix 2000. It was tons of fun dressing up, eating, giggling, and yelling out who we thought would win. We made our own award categories and I won a chocolate, soap and a hair clip for best make-up ;). Megha fell off the couch. Brokeback Mountain biscuits are very filling and shouldn't be eaten between dinner and dessert (it seemed like a good idea right before we went upstairs to get the cake).
Ben Stiller. He dressed up in a spandexish green suit (like they use in movies) and pretended to be a floating head. It was great. The best presenter!
I was really surprised that Brokeback Mountain didn't take best picture-because of all the publicity it got. However, I am very happy that Crash won, because it was a really awesome movie! It was one of those ones you want to talk about after. The dresses were pretty, but none really stuck out in my head. Seeing the dresses is one of my favourite parts of awards shows. Well, now I have to say that I am looking forward to the next Oscars!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I must have missed the first time ;).