my very special spot to talk about a bunch of things in my life that 1. are true 2. matter to me, and 3. aren't so personal that they shouldn't be on the internet
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Stairs Conquered-Check!
I devoted some of my Sunday afternoon to the repair of Shiloh's psychology. My little dog has a fear of two out of the three sets of stairs in our house so she won't go up them. Only up. She can go down. For example, she will go down to see some noise at the front door and then realize that nothing is there. Next, she'll whine until we pick her up and take her up the stairs to be with the rest of the people in the house. I think she slipped on the stairs once and the experience instantly became detrimental to her stair climbing future. I wanted to change all that and turn her into an independant and confidant animal who can go up stairs without any stress or inner turmoil. We spent lots of time today going up and down both sets of stairs in the entry way. I helped her go up, then we went up and down with cheese as a reward, and finally she only got cheese when she went up the stairs. She did them all by herself at the end, and it was a good thing too-cause I think I gave Shiloh her calcium intake for the entire year today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leia is scared of stairs too!! I did the same thing to teach her how to use them! lol Well, minus the cheese... we used dog biscuits and chicken stick thingies. Anyway, she can do it most of the time now! :)
Cheese is Shiloh's favourite...sometimes she just inhales it and it doesn't even look like she chews.
Post a Comment