Sunday, September 10, 2006

Weekenda

As part of the Gold Rush fair, me and my mom organized a bake sale for World Vision and a rep for the organization came down with a table. It went so well. It was really fun to chat and meet people. We raised $210! The money is going to go to educate a girl in China, provide money for a family to start their own business, and for hens and chickens. It was such a great time. I want to head it up next year and fill the entire room with baked goods to sell. I feel good. It feels nice to do something for someone else. I wonder if people get such a high from doing good things that they stop doing it just to help others and start doing just because they like how they feel after. Some people must. I never want to be like that. I do want to sponsor a child once I have more of an income. Oh, and Sarah, remember that CD you made me with the French, Spanish, Canadian, etc. music on it? I played that as background music and got more than one compliment on it :).

So when I got a movie on Saturday nite, I slapped down my Public Library card by mistake. I just saw blue in my wallet and yanked it out! Anyway, the Blockbuster guy made fun of me. That was after he called me and my buddies "the Ashleys" (from Recess). It was amusing, scandalous even. That night I decided that yelling is fun, rolling over car hoods is fun, The Breakfast Club is fun, and feather boas make the world go round.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah Chan says, cool! Glad to see Amarea joined blogger . . . now they have blogger in beta - which I wouldn't say is a complete transformation of the original, but it is easier to use/customize and it links to your gmail account. PS I *really* like those generic beautiful shots you add, of like sunflowers and clouds - where do you get them?

Jess said...

I just get them from Google picture searches. Like for the last one I just Googled "sunflower".

It's great with blogger cause you can use pics saved on your computer, but also you can just search for a pic, click on the spot that lets you see the picture big on it's own, and then put that link in the picture setting for the entry. Try it :).

Anonymous said...

speaking of feather boas...do you know where YOUR boa spent the weekend? let's just say its made a new friend....

Anonymous said...

NAEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUU!!!!! (signature sound effect of the evening, by far)
-morgan

Jess said...

I'm going to need that back... :)

Anonymous said...

i hear that sound in my sleep....

Anonymous said...

sarah chan - thanks Jessie, that's great. I added a photo of causeway bay in 10 seconds!