my very special spot to talk about a bunch of things in my life that 1. are true 2. matter to me, and 3. aren't so personal that they shouldn't be on the internet
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Happy Canada Day!
I'm proud to be Canadian. But, I think that the US has a better national anthem than us. It's prettier. More emotional.
The land of the free and the home of the brave. I know the whole thing... We had to sing it at camp every morning along with O Canada when the Boston kids were there... plus Christine's an American, so she likes us to sing it rather often. Anyhow, it is pretty and much more fun to sing, but I still like ours better... if only because I'm a Canadian. haha
I heard the tune of the American anthem was borrowed from an Irish Drinking song ...so I have heard. This must be why you like it so much, eh Jessie? You big boozer. Hee,hee ...love ya!
6 comments:
And about a war that they lost.
Haha, is it really? All I remember is "the something of the free and the home of the brave".
The land of the free and the home of the brave. I know the whole thing... We had to sing it at camp every morning along with O Canada when the Boston kids were there... plus Christine's an American, so she likes us to sing it rather often. Anyhow, it is pretty and much more fun to sing, but I still like ours better... if only because I'm a Canadian. haha
I like both.
I heard the tune of the American anthem was borrowed from an Irish Drinking song ...so I have heard. This must be why you like it so much, eh Jessie? You big boozer. Hee,hee ...love ya!
Lol! I am such a boozer ;).
Post a Comment