Sunday, October 07, 2007

Flip Flops/Thankful

I bought new flip flops recently. Worst. Mistake. Of Life. Seriously. These flip flops have literally ripped my skin to shreds. I have massive gashes on the sides of both of my feet. Now whatever touches my feet causes a sharp pain to shoot up my leg. Even AIR hurts my feet. I should sue someone.

Anyways. It's Thanksgiving around the Christenson household and I am feeling very thankful this year. In no particular order, here are some things I am thankful for in this moment:

1. The sunshine: Summer's been a trooper this year- it's not going down without a fight. Fight Summer, fight!

2. The brother: Josh and I had a competition this morning to see who could make the best bacon-and-eggs breakfast. Mayhem followed. Including, but not limited to: a broken glass (who knew hot grease could be that powerful?), burnt meat (there is such thing as overdone bacon...), and a buttered dog (my poor little greasy Shiloh!). I really love my brother. For the record, I won.

3. The mother: We fight, but it's out of love. Usually.

4. The friends: We fight, but it's out of love. Usually. Just kidding :). I seriously have the best friends in the world.

5. The O.C.: I'll admit it. I can appreciate this show. It doesn't make me a bad person.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
And to all a Good Night.

PS- Word on the street is that our little camp girl has made a return to the blogging world. Check out her updated blog:
http://www.megha-m-malhotra.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

But we learned that hot grease breaks glass in PEI. At least I learn from my mistakes- you don't see me buttering anymore pans with cheese, do you?? (FYI, it really did look like butter). ;)

Jess said...

what makes cheese different from butter? they're both made from hot milk, right?

Megha said...

The OC is by far the best work of human genius since the strapless bra.

amarea said...

I had the same experience with flip flops this summer. I still have scars. No joke.

Morgan said...

YES! The cheese and the butter both come from cow tits! They are the same colour oringinally! The ONLY THING that makes cheese a different colour from butter is the DYE!! The cheese was mozzeralla- white with a yellowish tinge. Butter- light yellow. The cheese was in a bowl. WHO puts cheese in a BOWL??? (I know, Jessie does.) But REALLY, PEOPLE! Give a girl a break! MAN!

*Note: I had a very long day today. And I had a headache.

Jess said...

cow tits...

Megha said...

Morgan said cow tits.

Morgan said...

what about it megha?

Megha said...

I like it when Morgan says cow tits.

Jess said...

me too.

now, whenever i think of morgan, i will think "cow tits".

and cheesy butter