Monday, October 08, 2007

Goals: October, 2007-December, 2007

There's a nice wee lass and her name's Mary Mac,
Make no mistake, she's the miss I'm going to track.
There's a lot of other chaps that would get her on her back,
But I'm thinking that they'd have to get up early.

Mary Mac's mother's making Mary Mac marry me.
My mother's making me marry Mary Mac.
And I'm going to marry Mary
To get married and take care of me.
We'll all be making merry when I marry Mary Mac.
~Mary Mac - Great Big Sea~

Goals are important in one's life. They keep you focused on what's important. Keep you moving ahead in the right direction. Because, as everyone knows, if you're not first, you're last.

So here are some personal goals I have for this semester:

1. Education - I'm going to get a 3.87 GPA. No question. It will happen. Also, I would like to speak up more in class. I've already given my thoughts on exploitation of child soldiers and marine animals in medieval Eastern Europe in my Ecology class (it was relevant, trust me). This is a good start, but I could take it a step further.

2. Romance - Do you remember the Elephant Love Medley in Moulin Rouge? Ewan McGregor's lines sums up my feelings on love. And I intend on putting these words into practice this semester. Please pass my number along to all eligible bachelors. My requirements? Single. Christian. Male. 20-45 years old. Ability to sing, dance, and cook. Must love dogs. It's important to note, that I want someone provocative and talkative.

3. Art - Memorize the song MaryMac and serenade everyone at every Christmas party I go to - just wait for the Campus for Christ party! :)

4. Friends - I would like to spend more time with my friends. I feel like I don't do enough for them. I might start baking for them.

5. Science - I would like to have my very own ant farm. I'll call it Jessie-land. And there will be lots of sunflowers.

Looks like it's going to be one busy semester.

9 comments:

amarea said...

You'd date a 45 year old??? Ewwww!! Gold digger!!!! hahaha Just kidding...

p.s. I like chocolate chip cookies. No "special" brownies please. ;)

Megha said...

There is nothing wrong with a man who has several decades under his belt :).

I'd like sugar cookies with rainbow sprinkles. I'll take 'em as special as you can make 'em.

Jess said...

Older men are distinguished. I met a really great guy at church and he has all the qualities I'm looking for in a guy, but he's 43 years old. At first I was like, what a shame. But then I thought, this whole age thing, it's all in my head. I'm getting older, age differences matter less. I might not actually date him, or any other older man yet, but I do want to keep my options open.

Of course I'll make you special cookies, Megs. With lots of special sprinkles for my special little friend.

Megha said...

You are only as old as you feel, I always say.

Morgan said...

So you feel 45?
I definitely do not feel 45. or 40. or even 30. No, I feel square in my early 20s. I would like to feel 25 to 27. No more, no less.

Morgan said...

peanut butter and chocolate squares.

amarea said...

I really was kidding.. If you want to date a 45 year old, that's cool!

Jess said...

older guys are just so cute though! sweet, kind, loving. they know how to treat a woman. you guys will understand one day.

Morgan said...

provocative and talkative...so you've been taking in a cheater's perspective, have you? I don't know that I want your baked goods. They might be poisoned.