Monday, May 08, 2006

Drama, Paint Brushes, Job Interview

The play on Saturday night was quite good! They worked so hard on the music, like most of the songs had all these harmonies and everything. For some reason I wasn't in the mood for a musical when we got there, so I was a little antsy, but that doesn't mean the play wasn't well done. Josh liked it, too. Some of my favourite parts were the sneeky ways that HCA avoided kisses. The one between Lizel and that messenger guy became them leaning in and he just turned his back to the audience and the one with Maria and the Captain was a lean in, light dim, lights up, continue scene. You do what you gotta do, I suppose :). The only other performance of the Sound of Music I saw a few years ago had really long kisses, like it started to get awkward for the audience. I am almost always a person who can enjoy romantic moments in drama, but when the kisses last for 5 seconds or more in a play...I just want them to stop. So yeah, overall, the HCA play was well done with good costumes. After the play, I joined the painting party at Sarah's house-I can't wait to see her room when all the furniture goes back and the pictures are up. There was so much paint in the air that we had to clean out our noses. It so worked out that Christian was a painter so he ended up doing most of the hardcore painting. Well, maybe Shaun did some before I got there, however, I only know of one thing that he painted for sure ;). Morgan and I went for a late night pizza run and there was quite a bit of pizza on my face when we were done eating. I stayed at Sarah's and went to her church in the morning. Church was good, it was nice to go somewhere different.

I have a beach captain inverview tomorrow at 4pm! I'm not too nervous, but there's always the thought of, "What are they going to ask!" I have decided on the outfit I am wearing: my jean skirt and a blouse. It's really casual there, so I think that will be fine. Game plan: be eloquent and charming with every word, be unsurpassingly intelligent when talking about policies and procedures, and try to look responsible. I would love to be beach captain, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get the position...just like the equivalent of an ice age, jk. No really, I'll be fine either way. It's the title I want really. The prestiege of everyone calling me Captain Christenson... ;)

"What would I do if there was a missing person at the beach? Oh yes, I would love to tell you! But may I first say that pink looks just lovely on you, because it totally does!" heh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I think that last comment there would totally work in the interview. Good luck, Captain Christenson!

Jess said...

Thanks! I've been thinking of shortening it to Cap Chris, pretty cool, eh? ;)

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool! Maybe Cap'n Chris? You know... throw in a pirate-y aspect to it? heehee

Jess said...

Lol, that's a good one too, matey! Arrghhh! :)