Sunday, July 08, 2007

Can Anyone Show Me the Real Jesus?

I like using this blog to help me think things out. I still keep my most personal and emotional things for my diary's eyes only, but I don't mind sharing personal things on here as much as I used to.

I often pray that God would give me opportunities to share the gospel with people. Make that- sometimes I pray that God would give me opportunities to share the gospel with people. Once in awhile, someone tugs at my heart and I really start to pray for their salvation. In those cases, it's not only because I want them to go to heaven when they die. Usually, I just know how much a relationship with God could mean to them if they actually knew Him. I've learned that it is in the times that I pray for someone regularly that God really moves and spiritual conversations happen. This is a pretty simple truth, yet I often don't take advantage of the power of prayer that I have ready for me to use at anytime.

Someone I know recently talked to me about her really rough home life. No one who reads this blog regularly knows her, but I don't really want to say who it is to maintain a bit of privacy. This particular girl has a bad relationship (if you'd call it that) with her father. Hearing the details shook me up. She is so sweet. I like her. I want her to know what a real father is like. I have my own daddy issues that I still haven't completely worked through. Maybe I'll never fully work through them. I hope that hers won't cause her to push God away because I want her to experience a relationship with the most loving, protective, strong, and trustworthy Father that anyone will ever have. I'm going to start praying for her regularly. I'm still learning how to let God fill that void in my life. It's hard, but God means so much to me because of who He is to me.

I would so love for her to meet her Heavenly Father this summer.

No comments: