As a Christian, I want to be different from the people that I'm with everyday. I suppose it's because I want Christ to shine in me and I want other people to be attracted to Him through me. Someone who lives to serve God should be different than someone who doesn't. What really makes a Christian different on the outside?
I don't want to be known as the nice, good girl. In fact, I consciously try not to be that girl. I think you can obey the Bible and still have fun. Good girls don't seem to have fun. However, sometimes I take my mission to be a cool Christian a little far. When I do, my behaviour doesn't glorify God. I'm working on it. Maybe I'd like to be known as the girl who has peace about the future and confidence in Christ. I'm not always peaceful about the future. Confidence in Christ then.
Back to my original thought. Many people who aren't Christians are nice, good, patient, loving, joyful, gentle, self-controlled. So how are we really different to people looking at us? My pastor talked about this on Sunday. I'm still thinking through it. He was saying that the difference is the motivation behind our Christian behaviour. Christ. How do people know what our motivation is? If we don't tell them, I guess we aren't really different.
I'm realizing that I'm still figuring out who I actually am. Like my sense of self. Knowing how I react in certain situations and what I think about things. I suppose that's the process that people my age go through.
I want to be sure of myself at the end of all this. I think I will be eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment