Tuesday, September 11, 2007

PEI With My Girls!

1. The Drive
Amarea drives. Morgan navigates. Sarah reads. Jessie and Megha plot to take over the world. Our car full of girls passes a car full of guys. Stuff happens. Cell numbers are exchanged at 100km/hr. The guys miss their exit. Interesting conversations follow. Loud music plays. 90's hip hop tunes. JT. Timbaland. We forget about the guys. We yell at cows. We purchase fireworks. We cross the bridge. We don't get lost. 0 to 60 in 3.5. Someday.

2. The Cottage
Jumping on beds. Lots of hugging and conversation. Jessie and Megha share a bed. Amarea turns out their lights at night. Megha dyes Jessie's hair and parts of the cottage become permanently coloured. A picture taken at the same time that a window slams shut launches a serious investigation as to why Sarah heard the sound and saw the light. Massage time. Jessie wins the random draw for the 4 person massage. She is never the same. Secrets are revealed. Bonding.

3. The Shopping
Groceries. A non-confrontational and positive experience. Plan to assume accents fizzles. An old lady stops us from putting each food item in it's own mini paper bag. Raspberry Cordial. Cavendish Boardwalk. Mmmm...Cows ice cream. Super sales. Sarah and Morgan take forever in the stores. Just kidding. It wasn't that bad. The random photo-taking begins. Megha and Jessie buy matching necklaces. The search for the elusive, nearest drug store ends in success. Jessie and Amarea hope Josh and Deb's first child is a boy so they can buy him the baby-sized shirt with "I'm a breast man" written across the chest.

4. The Beach
Daytime. Suntanning. Swimming. Sarah and I are fishes. Tanning. Reading. Photo shoot. Jogging. I went jogging. Do they serve alcohol at the sand bar? Nighttime. Stargazing. Set off fireworks. Snuggling.

5. The Pool
Jessie and Sarah go swimming. Jessie and Sarah tackle Megha. Jessie and Sarah and Megha go swimming. Jessie and Sarah and Megha throw Amarea in the pool. Jessie and Sarah and Megha and Amarea go swimming. Morgan comes in eventually. Chicken fights and ring buoy races. Something happens.

Such a good trip! I love you guys so much.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

And what a something it was....

amarea said...

hahaha I LOVED that onesie!! So cute!!! We should have each bought one for our own future children.

Jess said...

I know, seriously. Even if I have all girls, one of them is wearing that shirt!

Megha said...

you're going to make your daugther wear a onesie that says "I'm a breast man"? that isn't a recipe for early childhood trauma...

deb said...

lol... just read about the onesie. too funny you guys.